The time has come yet again. A New Year and another chance for a New You! Easier said than done that’s for sure.
With the new year, I decided to start guest blogging as Coz’s Corner. Over a year of writings from my partner in crime, I thought it was time for all her Reluctant Weight Watcher Foodie fans to read things from my side of the dinner table! You can expect to see fun facts, behind the scenes, and my thoughts on my own weight loss journey.
Just a few weeks before the New Year, I started working out to Leslie Sansone’s “Walk Away the Pounds” DVD. You know, that really old DVD that was made in the 90′s. Believe it or not, it works! The only challenge in my head is getting my butt out of bed to do it! However, naturally I have an advantage most people don’t; I’m an early bird. Studies show that working out before the day begins is the best way but honestly as long as you Get Up and Get Out, you’re doing good! Its a daily battle that must by won in our own heads. No one can make us exercise or diet for that matter.
My own weight loss journey started at the same time Angela’s did. In fact, I was the one that talked to her about joining WW at Work back in 2010. Here we are at 2013 and I’ll tell you what I’ve learned in a bullet point list that I will go into more detail throughout the year.
1) Be realistic. Don’t set your weight loss goals too high.
2) Don’t compare your weight loss journey to other people including family members, co-workers or friends.
3) Challenge yourself (its really all mind over matter!)
4) Be willing to do some self-reflection because without it, the journey wouldn’t even exist.
5) Know your weaknesses and your strengths whether food or work-out related.
6) Accept change, it is the only constant in our lives anyway.
7) Recognize the negativity in your life and develop a plan to overcome or fix it.
8) Let go and realize that our society’s expectation/images of what “healthy” looks like is not practical.
9) Remember to always give yourself credit and treat yourself wisely.
10) Love the journey, not just the result.
These are just a few things my own journey has taught me. I look forward to sharing more of my thoughts and wisdom for the next year! Angela and I have some great ideas stored up for the new year including more guest blogs, more delicious healthy recipes, more fan participation (talk about it, its the best way to make yourself accountable) and everyone’s favorite RWWF Love and Gratitude boxes. We hope to partner with even more companies so we can share MORE OF THE LOVE with our fans! We encourage you to share our blog with friends, family or neighbors.
Facebook Savvy? Yeah, we are there too so go check us out!