Quick casserole gets a twist, bitches!
Oh my. That was rude. You’re not bitches. But this dish IS bitchin. And I made it up this morning. SCORE. And then I eated it and it was yummy.
Now I share.
Pepperoni and Veggie Pizza Quinoa
PointsPlus Per Serving: 9
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, 5 PP (or couscous, rice, etc)
- 1 wedge light creamy swiss Laughing Cow cheese, 1 PP
- 1/2 oz shredded RF colby jack cheese, 1 PP
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 2-3 tbsp low-sodium marinara sauce, 1 PP
- 1/4 cup diced mini sweet peppers
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1/4 medium zucchini, sliced and diced
- 9 slices turkey pepperoni, quartered, 1 PP
1. If you haven’t done this yet, cook up your quinoa. Mine has a nice reddish-orange color because i put a packet of Goya Achiote spice in the water before I cooked it. You can do the same with other spices or even cook it in chicken/veggie stock to add more flavor!
2. Add your cheese, spices and marinara sauce to your cup of quinoa. Then add the pepperoni and veggies. Nuke for one minute; stir. Nuke for another minute. DONE! Perfection.
You can certainly switch up the cheeses, meat or veggies. This is just a good balance between carb, protein and veggie. I did the same thing with couscous last week only i used mozzarella and swiss cheeses and put in a little minced garlic instead of putting in the powder. It was scrumptious. And I bet your kids would love it too!