Minus 1 pound. Yay! I’ll totally take it. the pattern is usually that I lose a big amount and then I gain some the following week, but not this time! I’ve been very careful to make sure to drink lots of water, exercise and not go over my daily points for at least two days leading up to my weigh-in. Granted, I’m also doing those things, plus tracking on a regular basis, but the water consumption especially is monitored more during those two days. Helps to cleanse my system, ya know?
So that makes me only 1.4 lbs away from 30 lbs lost and 4 lbs away from my 10% goal! Slow and steady wins the race, right? A few weeks ago, I had this “moment” where I was really thinking about just how impossible it seems to get to where I want to be. I have to lose HALF of the weight that I started with. HALF OF MY BODY WEIGHT. And in that moment, it felt almost impossible. It wasn’t that I had gained weight that week and was feeling bad about it. It was just one of those moments like when you’re sitting at work and you think to yourself that is feels like the day will NEVER END. But, of course, it does end and you feel better when you’re back at home in your pjs. I know I’ll get there, it just felt overwhelming for a minute. I mean, shoot, I’m almost 1/5th of the way there! That’s waaaay better than where I was eight months ago, but I know that it’ll be more than just a couple of years before I reach my goal. Probably more like 4. But I’m okay with that. Every day I get closer and every day I feel better.
So! Enough with that. Now for something fun! Recently I tweeted to Popchips about how I was interested in a “taste and tell” about their product and whaddaya know… they sent me samples! Actually, they sent me TWO sampler boxes, both with invites to “pop it forward” so that my lucky readers could share in the poppin!
I have to say, I’m a fan of the Popchips!! Each serving is only 3 PP, although it’s a good idea to count them out (you get 20 chips per serving compared to the average 10-13 you get for another chip) because you’ll just keep on eating them. My favorites were Salt and Vinegar (of course. i’m obsessed with that flavor), Barbeque and surprisingly, Salt and Pepper! I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about Salt and Pepper, but I was pleasantly surprised! And for those of you that are watching your sodium, the flavors with the lowest sodium content is actually Salt and Vinegar and Barbeque with only 210mg of sodium per serving. The others were like 240mg and 260mg. You’d think that SALT and Vinegar would contain more sodium…. I’m glad to see that it’s not the case! I definitely recommend these for anyone who’s trying to eat healthier but doesn’t want to give up their chips. Not the same texture as a potato chip, but the flavor is still the same. The texture is more like… cereal puffs, only shaped like a larger circle rather than a small ball.
TWO winners will receive a sampler pack in the mail. Each sampler pack includes one snack sized bag of each of the flavors shown in the picture above, along with some coupons and a chip clip! (At least that’s what I believe….) There are a bunch of different ways to enter, but make sure to leave a separate comment for each entry! The winner will be chosen on Friday, July 29th using www.random.org, so all entries MUST be received by THURSDAY, July 28th at MIDNIGHT!
1. “Like” Popchips on Facebook and leave a comment on their wall telling them how you found their page and what product you’re trying to win and then leave a comment on this blog post telling me that you did.
2. Follow @ReluctantFoodie on Twitter and leave a comment on this blog telling me that you did or already do.
3. Subscribe to my blog through RSS feed or through email and leave a comment telling me that you did or already do.
4. Share my blog post link on Facebook with the following in the comment box, “Win a free sampler pack of Popchips on The Reluctant WW Foodie blog!” and leave a comment on this blog telling me that you did.
5. Tweet the following message “Win a sampler pack of @Popchips from @ReluctantFoodie! Enter here – http://wp.me/p1cn3Q-ns” and leave a comment on this blog telling me that you did.
6. Leave a comment on this blog telling me what flavor you are super excited to try!
And who knows, maybe a few of you will win some coupons for a free bag or buy one/get one free! The only way to find out is to enter!! Each person may only win one prize per giveaway (ie. if you win the sampler pack, you can’t win the coupons too). GOOD LUCK!