Sometimes life leaves you without your buns. Suck it up and make a salad! HAH.
No, that’s not very nice. As often as we’d like to tell others to “suck it up and deal with it” for a plethora of different obstacles in life, it’s not always the best way to go about helping others work through the frustration and get to the other side. I don’t always react positively to that advice, so why would I expect others to? Let’s try this again.
Sometimes life leaves you without your buns. Turn it into an opportunity to try something new and different! Woot woot. And that’s exactly what I did. I ran out of hamburger buns and I was craving a burger, so I had to be creative. When you can’t put something into sandwich form, you can usually turn it into a salad and it’s just as tasty and definitely as satisfying. Instead of light mayo on a bun, I used ranch in the salad. Instead of tomato on a bun (since I didn’t have any), I put corn in the salad. And it was SUPER tasty.
Boca Cheeseburger Salad
PointsPlus Per Serving: 6
- 2 cups salad greens
- 1 boca burger, cooked and cut into pieces, 2 PP
- 1 slice 2% american cheese ripped into little pieces (or 1 oz shredded lowfat cheddar), 1 PP
- 2/3 cup corn kernels, 2 PP
- 1 tbsp light ranch, 1 PP
- 1 tbsp your favorite mustard (i used habanero mustard)
- chopped fresh tomato (optional)
1. Make sure corn kernels are defrosted (if they didn’t come from a can) and that boca burger is all cooked and cut up. Then mix all ingredients together and enjoy!
Easy peasy. Add different ingredients if you like. I would have added tomato, but I didn’t have any If you’re willing to add an extra point on there, cook up a slice of bacon and cut it up to add to the salad too! Or maybe sauteed onions or zucchini. Whatever you’d put on an actual cheeseburger, you can add to this salad. I think it’s safe to say that almost ANY sandwich could be made into a salad! (except for an ice cream sandwich….)