I’m not kidding. This cookie is sensational! Imagine peace on earth…. these cookies would be there. They’re creamy, crunchy, chocolatey and life just seems so much better after eating one!
The only downside? They’re small and they’re THREE points per cookie! Peanut butter will do that to ya. They’re packed full of protein, though! Despite the fact that they’re more points and probably smaller than other cookies you’d eat, I just HAD to share the love. Weight Watchers encourages us to not deny ourselves all the time; we should indulge every once in a while. And this cookie is worth the indulgence.
This is another wonderful recipe I’ve found while browsing through Foodgawker. I swear, that website has increased the culinary joy and happiness in my life tenfold. I am always finding new and interesting recipes! (Side note – I finally made those brussels sprouts that I posted a recipe for on here and they were sensational! My girlfriend said they were the best vegetables she’s ever eaten in her whole LIFE. It will now be a staple in our home.) Okay, back on track; cookies! Here’s the recipe!
Five Ingredient Cookies (slightly adapted from Momma Hen’s Kitchen)
Servings: 24 (small sized cookies)
PointsPlus Per Serving: 3
- 1 cup reduced-fat peanut butter (I used crunchy PB for more texture)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (special dark is best!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips. When blended, mix in the chocolate chips.
3. Using your fingers, form 1 1/2 inch balls (dough will be very wet and sticky) and place onto an un-greased parchment lined cookie sheet. Use your thumb to flatten them a bit if you want a flatter cookie look. They don’t spread too much, but make sure they’re not too close together. Bake for 9 minutes.
4. Let the cookies sit on the cookies sheet for about 30 seconds to 1 minute before letting cool on a wire rack. Makes around two dozen small cookies.
This is the time of year when people make waaaaay more cookies than is necessary. I beg you, integrate this cookie into your plans. You will absolutely not regret it! Double or triple the recipe and share the looooove! I know I’ll be sharing the love at our little W|A team potluck on Friday! Aaaand here’s one more picture to jump start that salivating